Page 1 of 1

Windshield and side door glass fogging up

Posted: Tue Sep 29, 2026 3:24 pm
by brutal
Hey ZhiDouers,
It's getting colder and humid in the area where I live. So the windshield and door glass fog up from the inside when the air conditioner is switched off.

In ZhiDou the logic of the air blower unit is quite primitive: when the temperature is set to the blue zone (cool), the air conditioner turns on. When the temperature of the blower is set to the red zone (heat), the air conditioner is switched off.

When it's cold outside, you want to heat the interior (or at least not to cool it more, ha-ha), but it means the air conditioner is switched off. And without it, the windshield and side door glass fog up. Therefore, the driver periodically (like every 3-5 mins) has to rotate the handle between cool/heat to unfog the glass or heat the interior a bit.

I changed the interior air filter. I use the outside air mode (no recirculation). I use the "blow to the windshield" only mode. But without success. It only defogs with the air conditioner turned on.

I used a glass spray that should help stop fogging. It helped, but very little. I thought of dropping some "sponges " inside that collect humidity from the air.
I also thought if it's possible to "hack" the Zhidou air system so the air conditioner would always be switched on.

I'm writing here to first ask if it's only me fighting (without success) this problem.
Second, has anyone solved the problem?